View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ditto Jo*mar

I love my pineapple disk twist exerciser my therapist got me for Xmas. It helps with balance and posture. It also is helping to strengthen my stomach muscles so I can better support my back. Working on my core. I can actually buttom pants that I couldn't for yearssssssssss now.

Then, placing the long dressing mirror at the side of my work station as my "Posture Police" helps remind me when I'm slouching. I catch my nose and head tilted and forward so much, I have a constant battle with that. I also use the oversize tennis ball at T12-L1 area and 1 Miracle Ball at the L5 area, to help me stay in a better seated posture.

and inhale water, vitamins, relaxation techniques of some kind, yoga to the extent you can or gentle glides. Used to use the alignment back board. It helped but just kind of out of sync with that now. May start that back, though.

Oh. and the Kinesio tape is for posture retraining too.

I also found that keeping my upper body fleece warm cuts down on my pain level. interesting...

I guess I seem to try something, get what I can and move on. Some things I depend on daily still, but I'm working on getting my core stronger. We have to, if at all possible.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote