View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Your not alone in this department at all. Many patients who have crps (rsds) do develope sleeping disorders do to the fact that the inflammatory system and the sympathetic nervous system is all fried up. I have had this demon for a little over 14 yrs. now and have not had a decent night sleep. what I consider decent is anything over 5 hours. I usually fall asleep at no certain time of the day or night. I tried the "Get on schedule" routine but. it was all in vain. Funny how the doctors tell you to get into a schedule and stick to it when they themselves don't wear our shoes. ever meet a doctor who suffers from CRPS? AS for me, I was prescribed Trazadone @ 100 mg. I take 2 around 1 hour before I want to pass out. It helps to a degree as far as helping to calm the system. reduce the level of pain and allow my body to just calm down. It is not a miracle by no means but, it works to some degree. I have been on several different types of sleep aid over the years and this has been the one that wirks the best. I still only get 3 to 4 hours of rest but still times of a tender sleep and not a deep one. This medication is actually designed for seizures but helps in the aid of sleep. Try talking to your doctor about it. I also attempt to take naps during the day when possible. Usually the pain level determines how much and when i sleep. But some is better then none. Good luck and hope my reply helped you. Keep safe and have a pain free day/night...mellowguy
mellowguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (02-06-2010)