View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 03:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default panic attacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Hi, DeliaDee. Welcome.

I know that panic attacks are personal but I'm wondering if you can point to an event or a drug that may have initiated them. Some drugs can bring them on or make them worse. Did you know that anger and panic can't exist in your body at the same time? Seriously, my psychologist let me in on that one. So if you can try to leave the environment you are in while you are having one, think of something that makes you angry and then, once it's gone, think of something peaceful/something you love that makes you feel safe. Try that.

Annie

p.s., Jana, you are really smart too, you know. And nice. And funny. Need I go on?

Thanks Annie,

could I join what you said about Jana?

this psychological explanation is very interesting. I wonder if the anger the neurologists caused me so many times, is what made it easier for me to tolerate my respiratory symptoms? so in fact they actually did me a lot of good then?

also, my concern is that those "panic attacks" may be in fact respiratory muscle weakness that has been overlooked by the neurologist. as we all (unfortantely know) this is not a "rare" occurence.

alice
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (02-06-2010)