View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Up and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barb View Post
The timing of my elevated high blood pressure and beginning to take azilect seems to match. Coincidence ?? Anyone else had this happen?
thanks...
Hi,

I started and stopped Azilect pretty quickly last summer. In addition to extreme joint pain (this is a rare side effect in young onset people), I started having an extreme, disabling dizziness and flushed skin in between doses of medication. I read that the dizziness could be due to blood pressure spikes and had a cuff at home. Sure enough, my BP was running very high for me as I have a very low base line. The BP would normalize in 15 to 20 minutes or at least drop off some. Oh, BTW for two years leading to this time I was a poster child for orthostatic hypotension. Go figure!

I will say that I don't think only Azilect can be named as entirely responsible. I think that it resulted from what Mrs. D said is too much dopamine. I had entirely too much of it in my system at any given time and felt awul (buzzy feeling, general malaise). BTW, mild dyskinesia started for me around this time. I was on Azilect 1 mg., a small amount of Mirapex (.50 three times a day), and Sinemet 25/100 several times a day. I stopped the Azilect after I traced it to the joint pain but never thought about the BP...and in reviewing things, the dizzies remained (turned out to be Mirapex dosage related), but the BP totally normalized after stopping the Azilect. I am now on Requip and Sinemet...trying to deal with nausea as I go up on the Requip a little but overall feel so much better and am finally getting some extended time on the Sinemet again.

Maybe you should ask your neuro? Keep us posted.

Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 02-06-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Further evidence
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote