View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default saw my hemo today

Alice,
I so appreciate your input. I honestly hoped as an MD you would respond. Are you a Hematologist yourself? I really hope you are right that I may be the first to have MG brought on by Agrylin. Like I said in my other post my Hemo believes the ILD was Agrylin induced but doesn't think so with the MG. I just keep thinking about how one of the side effects is extreme muscle weakness, which is basicly what MG is and how hard it is to get diagnosed sometimes. I just wonder if patients are telling their Drs. how weak they are but MG is not even thought of. If you are a Hematologist I would love to hear any thoughts you have on this possibly reversing itself or if you even think I will see improvement since the Agrylin has been stopped.

Annie,
Yes my platelets are too high. My Drs. have always been very proactive in my care of the Thrombocytosis due to my moms history. She had a stroke at 37 and was then diagnosed with Polycythemia. Around 1998 it turned from that into Milofibrosis. As the disease prgressed her spleen continued to enlarge and in 2002 she had a spleenectomy. Her spleen weighed 13 pounds! She survived the surgery but died of a blood clot 6 weeks after her surgery. My Drs have always said their main concern is that my disease could turn into one of the 2 my mom had. The JAK mutation test will let me know if that is something I need to be concerned with or not. Part of me is terrified to get he results of this test but I know I need to know even if it isn't the news I am hoping for.

I hope I answered all the questions that you and Alice asked. Thanks so much for the info. I truly appreciate it.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote