View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Hannah,

Before Lindsay was diagnosed with RSD, she had sleep problems for three years. She went through a sleep study and they diagnosed her with sleep delay disorder. They say it is the same as a person who works a night shift. During the sleep study she woke up on average of 17 times per hour, they said it was pain related. Imagine that! I will find the web page that they gave me to help to turn her sleep around. You have to follow, it is called sleep hygiene, many of the posts have bits and pieces of the sleep hygiene. So if you follow it, you may be able to get some sleep. It takes at least a week or two to get on track.

Are you getting any sun during the day? Natural melatonin? I know that you should sit in the sun for at least 30 minutes per day. If you can't get sun, they have sun lamps. There was also a part where you should eat your meals on certain sides of the house. Like breakfast on the east side, etc... I will find more info for you. It has been a couple of years. It did work when she followed it. But, unfortunately as everyone on this board knows, sleep issues are part of this awful disease. Now she just passes out from not being able to sleep for sometimes two days at a time. If any one else would like this info, I will post it as a new thread in the next few days, and I will pm it to you Hannah...Didn't you just go through Ketamine infusions, that should have helped some. I am sorry that you have to go through this so young. xoxoxo
Sandy Here is the web site try it for a while make it work for you...Let me know how this goes

http://www.sleepdisorderchannel.com/...reatment.shtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1234 View Post
does anyone have problems sleeping??? I can't fall asleep until 3ish in the morning and then, i toss and turn all night long and then I dont wake up until like noon the next day. I can't keep going on like this because I need to be up in the morning. I have tried baths, meditating, reading, sleep tapes, I take remeron for sleeping- but when i take it i sleep for 14 hours. And that is WAYYY too long I wake up feeling worse than if i didnt sleep at all. my family around me just gets frustrated with me because at night i could fall asleep about 6pm or 3am... I cant fall asleep any time in the middle. When i go to sleep at 6pm i wake up at like 3am... and then that is just too early to be up. I see my doc this week and have been suffering this problem for about 9 months, and dont know what to do from here.... any help would be nice

Last edited by SandyS; 02-06-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote