Thread: UK members?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 12:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi uk

what helped me at work was a pt who listened better than my doc, and recommended a drop keyboard and kinesis contour keyboard. the doc was useless unless the pt told him what to do. i also learned to mouse on the left and set up the chair and desk more ergonomically. i used handicapped keys for a time to do clicks and double clicks but this caused a software glitch called killer blue. a side effect was this brought all of the mean people into gossip overload and i overheard and even read some of it. i could take the pain and not cry, as i was used to being in pain. i have a hard time not crying with bullies though. and it is even worse when the bully is a doctor or in computer tech support (my name was PEBCAC to them, Problem Exists Between Computer and Chair).

i also took a demotion which involved less keyboarding and mousing. that too helped. later i got promoted again and had a job where i could get out of the office and drive to job sites. that was great. i could get out and do a lot of walking on the job too.

the job this started on was like being on an assembly line with a computer, as the work rolled in and you had to try to keep up with it and still do a good job. i responded to alarms which continued to roll into my screen. i worked nights and sometimes was forced onto 16 hour shifts, where i still had to work 8 the next day with only a few hours of opportunity to sleep. i am a perfectionist so i worked really hard. the doctor i had was really bad, but the ones i knew who were good did not accept workmans comp cases for love nor money. as a survival instinct i learned to lay the blame for my repetive stress on off the job injuries.

i am in texas but i love to watch british tv on public tv. my favorites are eastenders and dr who. welcome and i hope you find some help here.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-07-2010)