View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

If that puffiness of the lips and tongues continue, you need to get some help! Some drug stores deliver, as do some grocery stores. PLEASE don't wait. I went from your symptoms to full blown severe allergic reaction with hives from head to toe and an inability to breathe many years ago. It's dangerous!!! I hope you'll be okay.

Someone can have a side effect of Mestinon like increased sweating, saliva, etc. You can have overdose symptoms, which it sounds like you may be having, that include increased weakness (and paralysis). Or you can have an allergic reaction to Mestinon, which you may be having too.

When they gave Mestinon to the Gulf War vets, they could not tolerate Mestinon (to keep Sarin gas out of the neuromuscular junction). Why? Because they have a normal amount of acetylcholine. Anyone with a normal amount of acetylcholine would have that reaction. No amount of food taken with it will stop those symptoms. You have to wait until the drug wears off. Or take Benadryl.

And neurologists (I saw your post below, Sue) don't often read all the info about drugs. They can't be bothered.

Sorry guys, but I'm being a downer again. DeliaDee has to have a definitive diagnosis before she even thinks about all these drugs and she hasn't gotten that yet.

Last edited by AnnieB3; 02-07-2010 at 01:58 AM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote