View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default one doctors says

Norepinephrine is destroyed by COMT(catecholamine-O-methyl transferase). However, patients with chronic pain do not have adequate COMT. the only other substance within the body which is known to destroy Norepinephrine is melatonin. The problem is that melatonin is produced by the pineal gland in the presence of adequate VIP and cAMP(cyclic adenosine monophosphate), which are produced by nerves. Since these nerves are not receiving adequate oxygen, the VIP and cAMP are not being produced in adequate amounts to create the melatonin to destroy Norepinephrine. In addition, melatonin is produced after 4 PM due to the body's circadian rhythm. At approximately 4 PM, the body's blood cortisol level, blood beta-endorphin level, and blood pressure decrease. At approximate 4 AM, these levels increase. This helps explaine why chronic pain patients have insomnia and increased pain in the evening and are able to sleep better during the daytime.

Have you tried a sleep study?

experimenting, sounds like you need to find something that puts you to sleep and something to keep you in deep sleep.

I have tried all the sleep meds and they dont help me much but give me a huge hangover effect. amytrptoline has been around for years and is very cheap and is the only med that doesnt give me such a hangover,plus it is used for treating depression, pain, all sorts of stuff.

dont drink caffine after 4pm.

what is your vitamin d count? try get it above 50. you take a hydroxy25 test in your next bloodwork. try 50,000units twice a week for a few months. d2 or d3, it doesnt matter.

horrormones???your illness or your meds can affect this so make sure your testosterone and estogen are normal.

most narcotics and muscle relaxants can put you to sleep but wont keep you in deep sleep. sometimes they work for me but most of the time they dont.

when i did a sleep study i could not get to sleep so they ask me to take something that would keep me in a sleep. i took a norco10/325,ativan2mg,valium10mg,zanaflex4mg tab,dilaudid 4mg.(luckly, i no longer have to take this concocsion for sleep) this knocked me out but only put me into stage 2 the whole time. you need stage 4 to get to rem sleep which is also called dream sleep.

sometimes a glass of milk-cold is fine, works...

if you dont mind getting fat you could eat a giant carb meal. this will knock you out but wont keep you out. plus if you make it a routine you need to buy new clothes.....

ALASKA MIKE
ARACHNOIDITIS,CRPStype2/CAUSALGIA since 2004
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mellowguy (02-06-2010), SandyS (02-06-2010)