View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi. Thank you all for such a wealth of information. It has taken me a while to go through it all. This is for my nephew who is 5, I know one of the posters was confused as to it being my son. OCD behaviors are including rewalking same paths in same steps, having his mom repeat 2nd sentence she has said with same pitch to her voice until it is 'right' in his mind,having mom put a ball in a hoop certain number of times before he can walk down the stairs, reputting water on himself after bath has to be same number of drops on each leg and then redrying himself again,putting toys,cups,etc back in exact same spot before he can move to to new activity, taking long time in school on projects and getting stressed b/c they are not 'exactly' right ,like if he has art class and is supposed to draw an item, is stressed it is not a replicate. Etc.Too many to list.To clarify the eating problems are sensory,began with a gag as a baby and has had texture issues ever since.Will not add new foods to his diet so it is very limited to point he has eaten same 3 meals daily for last 3 years. PANDAS was brought up by parents,not sure if he was tested yet.We are a bit doubtful about that as cause only b/c he has shown signs here and there over years of different behaviors and was seen many times by developmental peds when he didnt meet a milestone or did a strange behavior.Austim is ruled out. Aspergers is still a remote possibility,if so it is very slight. He is gifted intellectually,having started fully reading at age 3 complex books,does complex math at 5,etc. Doc said he is wired different for sure but not classic aspergers. They are exploring the vitamin deficiency idea as well and i am still pushing for the strept test.
3beansforme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote