View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Ally,

I've had problems like this too....The summer before my speech issues, I went through a period where I was constipated for like 3+ weeks. I had to go to the hospital for an emergency enima. Not to be too graphic, but I'd be on the toilet all day, everyday, when I had the chance, trying to poo, praying to the good lord for a poo. lol...I laugh about it now, but at the time, it literally felt like my intestines were paralyzed, and it was terrifying, with everything else that was going on. I'd cry about it all the time- it was horrible...

I would push on my stomach with my hands, drink matamusil, eat fibre, but no luck. I even tried to 'go in' and get it out myself. Again, I know the imagery isn't pleasant, but just wanted to sorta paint a picture of how bad it was. Finally, after the enima, I had never been so happy to see poo in my life! lol...Of course, the doc. at the hospital didn't run any tests to figure out why this happened. It's not a good hospital, and even my neuro. and a friend of mine who's in the medical field said that if people go there, they can expect to die.

I smoke. I was not smoking during this time. I think that the nicotine helped me afterwards, as I didn't have as many episodes after this.

I've never been tested for anti-ganglionic achr, but I know I should be. Just too tired to go to the doc..

Anyway, here is something I came across. I had a thymoma, so it wouldn't be unheard of if I had these antibodies, but it does mention that some of the people with MG, without a thymoma, have disautonomia too...Also, people with Lambert Eaton syndrome tend to have it...

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retri...66070201002399

SOrry you're going through this...It sucks a lot!

P.S. I also have zero side-effects from mestinon...I will *occassionally* have a somewhat loose bm from time-release, but other than that, just some muscle twitching, heart palpitations, no GI problems, really...
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote