View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, Ally, since YOU brought up such a "delightful" subject (*grin*) -- I have been constipated most of my adult life (until MG) -- even BEGGED my doctor for a prescription of Zelnorm -- took that for maybe a year -- loved it.

One of the reasons I love Mestinon -- it makes me REGULAR!! I used to go 7 days without a BM -- now, every single day -- it is a MIRACLE!! Mestinon does cause a little cramping -- and I do have to stay near a bathroom after the first pill -- but, that is a SMALL price to pay to have a normal feeling gut!!

I have IBS -- the 7 days of constipation would come with a price -- when the dam broke -- oh my oh my!!! The cramping and pain and discomfort and HOURS spent in the bathroom. It was horrible. I could literally lose almost 4 pounds. And then I was so drained the next day. A HORRIBLE cycle.

And, Mrs. D., I have been on the Candida regime for years -- my allergy doc was one of the pioneers.

So, when I mention MG being a "blessing in disguise" for me -- this is one of the things I am talking about!!
bluesky (02-07-2010), Nicknerd (02-06-2010)