View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

True that, Jana!

I'm battling quitting smoking. Honest to God, it makes my sx much, much worse- plus all of the other problems it causes. But after I had those episodes of constipation, and before the speech problems, I was scared to quit because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to poo again! It seemed like medicine, at least in that respect. I now know what's going on, all because I got diagnosed (thank you, God)...I can quit now, and rely on the mestinon to help in all departments.

Bluesky,

No problem...I know what you're going through...It's so scary to experience these things, and not have any diagnosis, much less validation that what you're going through is real, and could very well kill you if the appropriate treatment isn't started...

I really believe in God...I'm not religious, not part of any particular belief system, but I do believe in God...

Every night, before going to sleep, I'd ask God to please make whatever I have expose itself enough that I could get a diagnosis and the help I needed. i'd promise that I'd be a straight-up person, do the right thing always, but to please either take me, or help me find out what was wrong. Well, it wasn't long after one of these heartfelt, utterly desperate prayers that my speech problems started. I don't know how all these things work. I know that I'm not more special than anyone else in this world, but I like to believe that the universe heard my plea, and helped me...I know that might sound strange to some people, and it might even be naive and silly, but I believe it...Sorry it got off-topic a bit! lol

nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesky (02-07-2010)