View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ally, Can you keep a food diary?

Everyone has a different GI tract "clock." Knowing how long it takes from mouth to the other end is important. Then you can sort of know where the food is and when. Then you might be able to figure out in what part of the body the bloating is triggered - might.

Two things do that "one minute I'm fine the next I'm 9 months pregnant" thing to me. One is gluten. Seriously bad stuff (I have celiac). There is an acceptable parts per million in even some "gluten free" foods. The other thing that does it to me is corn. Any kind of corn.

When this happens to you, try drinking some Coke. The straight up kind. It will help push through ANYTHING, if that's the problem. Have you seen those "experiments" where it dissolves the toughest of foods (steak)? Scary.

It could be a hidden allergy. Some people with a tendency towards leaky gut will have allergic responses once foods get into the large intestine. So, you could try liquid Benadryl if that happens again too. But only try one thing at a time.

You need acetylcholine for peristalsis (how food moves through the GI tract). Muscles are what move food through the GI tract.

It is probably something you are eating, plus the MG thing. So if you can track all the foods and when you eat them, it'll help. Maybe limit foods each day to certain grains. Like potatoes for 24 hours, then rice, etc. Some foods like rice are hard for people without stomach acid, like me, to digest.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/allergies/87995

Dr. William Walsh is a brilliant guy. He has a book, which I think is called The Food Allergy Book. It is very good.

I actually saw him years ago. He talked about some of the things Mrs. D pointed out. Chemicals in foods can cause problems too.

Lovely conversation, guys!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote