View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hockey, as I was saying to Mark I have a new PMR physician whom I have not met but have heard wonderful things about. I'm hoping that he will think that it would be beneficial to see a neuropsych. I'm thinking he will be more understanding of my situation because he is a wheelchair bound paraplegic since age 17 due to a car accident.

Honestly, the fact that I haven't had an evaluation is my fault as well. I have been terrified at the thought. Right now I still have the illusion that I'm not affected too dramatically mentally or intellectually. When I have the test I could very well lose that illusion. It would kind be like the proverbial "opening your mouth and removing all doubt". I think I have just now gotten to the point that I'm ready to know what the real deal is. Before now, I really could not hear anything except that my motor cortex was damaged, I couldn't walk, and was left with severe spasms. Really just the things that couldn't be ignored.

BTW, you asked what kind of profession could you do where you are oblivious to glaring errors? After I thought about it and the fact that you wanted to be an accountant I came up with the perfect profession. You could work for the US treasury department.

I also wanted to thank you Hockey for being so good about always responding to me. You and Mark have been God-sends for me. I appreciate that.
Phyxius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (02-07-2010)