View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgus1969 View Post
Hi Diana. My name is Brian and I'm 40 from michigan. I had an arachnoid cyst fenesterated over 3 years ago and 3 months after the surgery it didn't help my hydro so I had a vp shunt installed and have had lots of pressure problems daily that can't be fixed. Adjusting the shunt don't work for me and my ventricles are still very enlarged. I often wonder how I will get through the rest of my life like this. If you need someone to talk to you can talk to me, I also know my neurosurgeon in tampa florida has been doing arachnoid cysts and shunts for over 22 years.
Brian, Thanks for your help. It sounds like we have simular problems.I had my surgery 9 years ago have lived a productive live everyday alittle bit of a challange. For years ive been ignoring my problems but just recently im having trouble. I was put on meds 3 years ago for the severe pain I had in the back of my head where on my brain stem the cyst was found(enlarged ventricles) at christmas time I ran out of the meds and experienced nausia vomiting and extreme memory loss. Back on meds now but the feeling I have everday is how long I have before I have to do surgery or will it even help? The pressure in my head is great along with the nervios feeling I have. Somedays I want to fall asleep and never wake up because im so tired of the pressure. My balance moods and constant tiredness affects me everday. I'm sorry that you to feel the same, people dont understand how much this affects us. I look forward to hear from you again and hope that today is a good day for you! Diana
stranged is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-07-2010)