View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Kathy, My pain is the temple area called the Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. There is a place on this forum for Trigeminal Nerve Disorder. How I describe it is like an icepick stuck in that area between the eye and ear. It can cause numbing of that side of face 1/2 of the face. My Dr. a neuro said it's usually on one side or the other.
I guess I do talk about the Limbic system a lot LOL Actually the Limbic System is a different part of the brain and it controls short term memory loss, a loss of words while talking , forget the word we were going to use. That's the way my Dr. explained it.
Someone on the other forum, before it went down had TN and had an operation at the Mayo Clinic. It went bad and he was unable to practice law for years. He had a surgeon that it was his first operation. Naturally he was devasted. I've always wonder how he is doing. After a few years he offered to work free for another attorney and came in to the office on his own terms. Sounded like a nighmare.
Kathy, I'm so sorry you are suffering from this. What are you taking?
Hope you have a low pain weekend. Your friend, loretta with soft hugs
Loretta...Good morning..you know me..I am not taking anything for this..When i wake up with it..I merely get right up..take some excedrine migraine and drink coffee and stay sitting up..rarely go back to bed.. I am not a caffeine junkie..actually I am very careful of that and my diet...the left side of my head is where ithe headache is bothersome..my left ear has pain always along with hearing loss.. down to my jaw...It's got to be a nerve thing... I wondered if possibly it was RSD there thats why I threw it out there... Thank you my friend for describing the tN complication... possible... And I was busting on you on our limbric brain...You are so sweet....

Have a great day and soft painfree hugz to you....I hope you are doing well....

Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote