View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default symptom confusion and the need for a timely fix

Delia Dee,
I had alot of these same side effects when I first started the Mestinon. The excessive drooling was the worst! I had days where I literaly vomited from all the saliva. I never have had any of the swelling though which I know is your main concern. I still can't tolerate much Mestinon without it making me weaker than the MG does untreated and it didn't do much to help my droopy eyelid. I have been on Pred for several months now and that controls the eyelid droop but has major side effects. I am in the process of tapering off of it. It is important to eat something when you take the mestinon even if it is just a couple of crackers. Desert Flower told me when I was having so many problems to drink plenty of water and that has also helped tremendously. I don't take any Mestinon until I feel I need it. Some days my first dose is around 7:00 or 8:00 am and other days it is noon. I have found that if I take it when I don't feel like I need it my weakness becomes so much worse. I hope you get some answers soon. I remember how frustrating it was when I first started the Mestinon. I had such high hopes but never really got the results I expected. It truly is a medication that has to be adjusted to what works best for you. My Neuro told me to play around with the dose until I found what worked best for me. You can try smaller doses more often or simply as needed. Hang in there it does take time for the body to adjust to any new medication.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (02-07-2010)