View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Phrenic Nerve Irritation

Hi, I realise that some of the posts are quite old, but all are relevant to my situation
Following a sternotomy to remove a tumour in my chest cavity in Feb 09, I suffered Phrenic nerve damage and a paralysed raised left diaphragm.
I suffer from breathing difficulties, have the feeling of a brick in chest, have the sensation of something blocking my throat, cant lie flat, constant pain and still taking pain relief etc all things that have been discussed by you guys.
One year on and Im told my diaphragm is 98% back in its position. But I am still suffering from all the same post op symptoms, my consultant and his team can offer me no explanation and say they dont know why I am continuing to have problems. Needless to say I was upset by their attitude and then I found your comments, Thankyou, Im not mad other people have or are experiencing similar things. I feel better for knowing I am not alone.
I dont know where to turn next as the medical team say there is no more they can do, except control the pain.
Any one had there situation resolved.
Thanks
shazivyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (02-10-2010)