View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketRisk View Post
thanks for your messages. so many threads, i don't know where to start. and when computing makes it worse, hard to do!

did wonder why, once flare-up flaring up, that symptoms become apparent on the left arm as well?

any drugs that help? anyone in the uk? apparently they don't do much with this in the uk. i contacted dellon in the states and he said to come over there for surgery (after i've seen carlstedt here in london). also saw that nath deals with neurolysis.

upper, upper trapezius very wasted as well, and don't see how that would be affected by neurolysis?

why do my arms feel so darned heavy? i'm not carrying anything!

best wishes to you all. sorry that you know what i'm going through (if you know what i mean) x

Hi I saw professor carlstedt in london (was referred by dr chris jenner who works privately for the London Pain Consultants), didnt find him very knowledgeable about TOS and found him a little cold as a Dr but it is worth a go. Im now under the care of Dr Chris Jenner who as well as working privately, is also at St Mary's hospital in London, he sent me to see his physio Helen Dawson who is very, very good and although i havent been cured she really helped me understand the mechanisms behind what is causing my pain. Dr jenner has given me 2 lots of botox in my neck and this has helped with some of the pain, although the hand coldness and pain in little finger still continues so I am off to see another vascular dr week after next......

DO NOT give up - i have been to various dr's and most have no idea what to do with me.....a good pain cons can help, he has prescribed pregabalin (called lyrica in the states) and amitriptiline which helps for nightime pain......
TraceyW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-10-2010), MarketRisk (02-11-2010)