View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have used Trazodone as a sleep aid for many many years, and over the years I have also taken several different SSRI and SRNI antidepressants along with the Trazodone.

I have taken Effexor, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, Elavil, Pamelor, Cymbalta, and one or two others that I am forgetting at the moment.

According to my psychaitrist, pharmasist, and my primary care doctor it is safe to take an SSRI or SRNI along with Trazodone. When I used other antidepressants with my Trazodone I never had any interactions.

The problems I had was that SSRI and SRNI antidepressants tend to cause other side effects for me (nausea) which is why I tried so many different ones over the years.

Have you ever tried Buspar? Buspar is an antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication that tends to work quite well in patients who suffer from both anxiety and depression. Years and Years ago, I was taking Trazodone for sleep, Zoloft for depression, and Buspar for anxiety - all at the same time. I don't know if this is something that doctors do often or if I was just 'special'.... but the combo of the 3 medications did help my depression, anxiety and sleeping problems a lot (the reason I stopped taking the combo was because the Zoloft was giving me nausea).

I hope that helps,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote