View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrosesmiles View Post
My dad was in the military for 20 years. He done 2 tours in Vietnam, where the sprayed agent orange all over the soldiers there. Then about 25 years ago, he worked for a exterminating company. He was with them for about 9 years. He is now 71, and in the final stages of PD. It would be easier to list what he doesn't have than what he does. At this point, he sleeps all the time, wont open his eyes, has trouble breathing. He keeps getting a nasty lung infection, it builds up a tolerance to all the antibotics, after a period of time. He is just the shell of the father I once knew and loved. I hate seeing him like this. Dec. 13 he went in for heart trouble. He had a triple bypass done. Before this he was moble and thought clearly. He came home for awhile, then like overnight, He was seeing things, confused, I couldn't even understand what he was saying. We admited him back to the hospital, where they found he was dehydrated, had a uti infection, then a week later, they found pneumonia.We had him taking off the respirator, but his stats are good, but his brain isn't letting it regestor that he is getting enough oxygen, so he is aspirating. We signed a DNR. We don't wont him to suffer. He is a military man, who served his country. This state he is in now, he has been in for 2 weeks. He keeps trying to swallow his tongue, and breathing is very bad.
I also wish you peace, and thank heavens for people like your father who give their best for their country.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote