View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have ZERO incontinence. None, zero zip. Well, every now and again I have a weird dream that I need to pee really bad, and in my dream always find a strange place to go, where I have to work at it, and then wake to realise I am going! run to potty...I know loads of MS and non MS folks that do that.

I have a friend that was dx 10 years ago that has a kidney issue and incontinence was an issue right out of the gate for her.

MS affects all patients differently. Some of us will have pee running down our leg, and others will be dry till the end.

Why do you worry about this? Is there a history? family history or just a personal fear? urinary retention "can" be an issue in MS, but the MS doctors, and centers are pretty big on screening, and getting to these issues before they become a problem. there are also a host of drugs on the market that help prevent this. Vesicare and the like.

What other question do you have?
Have you been to NMSS.org ? the national MS society has a great KIP program (knowledge is power) and they will send it to you free. Please go register.
What meds are you on? Have you started injections?
We are happy to answer just about any question you can think of.

Welcome aboard. Nice to meet you.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (02-08-2010), Kitty (02-07-2010), Koala77 (02-08-2010), SallyC (02-07-2010), SandyC (02-07-2010)