View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My tremor...scared straight

I just wanted to share an odd incident that happened today. I have a predominant right hand tremor whenever in between med dosages; it always, always, makes its appearance known. I hear of people freezing in PD and with an auditory or some other exogenous visual cue, they start up again.

I had an incident today that most normally would send anyone's tremor into hyper drive. I had a little fender bender; no one was hurt, very minor, thank goodness for big plastic bumpers. Here's where the PD oddity comes in, I tremored all over, more like a psychogenic, emotional, fine ampliude all left side and head tremble. Here's the rub...I am really only primarily affected on my right side- this is home to that huge nuisance hand tremor as well. Stranger than strange, though I felt like I was trembling all over as a "shock" sort of response to the accident, my right hand was steady as can be!?!? Not one flicker, twitch, jerk, etc. in the PD hand, but "trembly" everywhere else?? I can understand that the all over tremor was not PD and more emotionally induced, but why didn't my emotion/fright/shock etc. affect my PD hand tremor? I find this really odd that my tremor seemed frightened into submission. Maybe it was a sort of freezing.

Is there no impact on the PD tremor because a normal physiologic tremor is centered and originates somewhere else in the brain rather than the substantia nigra?

Anyone else ever experience any odd tremor emergence/disappearance event?

Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 02-07-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote