View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 01:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Had a Great Break

I got back yesterday - Sunday the 7th - after a week of blissful, no-real-responsibility kind of a holiday.
I stayed with my sister who takes care of me like only a sister can.
She was busy, busy, busy with her dance school, choreography for a new show, working with her repertory and official appearances that are a requirement in her role as a senior dancer.
Even then, she, her husband and my little, big (6'1" and 17 yrs.) nephew took a lot of pains to look after me.

Every evening I went to spend time with my father - that is always special.
He is a veteran of WW2 (he is 87) and has many stories to tell.
Being the kind of person he is, he found humour in events that could have gone so badly wrong for him.
He is very well read and is still a voracious reader - so it is a treat to talk to him.

He is pretty forgetful, always has been, like on Saturday he asked my brother if I knew his wife! Umm they have been married now for nine years and have two children - but since it is not dementia, and of the 'absent minded professor' variety, it causes much hilarity. The trait runs in the family - I carry the torch in this generation.

Anyway, had a GREAT time - lots of eating and sleeping and cozy companionship.
Its a feeling I wish for all of you and I, as often as possible.

I started to write so I could keep a track on my thoughts. This particular Lupus flare has turned my life on its head. Although I am pretty content with this enforced solitude, I have a constant dialogue going on within myself. So I thought I'd write it all down.

I hope you enjoy reading it when you can.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-08-2010), DiMarie (02-08-2010), Dmom3005 (02-09-2010)