View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=Abasaki;600673]I'm at 4+ yrs waiting haven't been able to work since 2005... denied at initial application.. denied at reconsideration... denied at the ALJ... it's a big mess...

I have full body RSD, Bipolar, Severe Depression, Severe Anxiety, PTSD, and Constant suicidal thoughts...

Abasaki - I am so sorry for your troubles I can only say I wish you the best. I wanted t pass along something that I learned in my process and prior to my getting a positive outcome. At one point in my surgeries I had an accidental overdose involving pain meds and sleeping pills. I didnt mean to, I didnt want to and have never mentioned suicide to any physician. Certainly thought it but not enough to really push the issue with a doc. Over the course of my initials denials I was sent to three SS shrinks. All of them grilled me intensely about the overdose. Prior to my hearing with the ALJ my attorney also grilled me on it and said if questioned about say as little as possible.

At the hearing the judge did, in fact, grill me about the overdose. I simply stated it was a major mistake and said nothing more. Later, my attorney told me that people who have contemplated suicide or attempted it hadly ever get approved. She didnt go into detail, but touched on a couple things like the costs of treatments for suicidal patients, possible death benefits that may have to be paid out, etc. I know its unfair, but it seems that this may be just how it is. I suppose in your case its too far gone to take that part out of the equation given its probably already in your records, but if possible you may want to ty dropping that part of your case. I am NO expert just passing this along as something I learned from personal experience.

This is not something ANY SS person will tell you. It was only through my lawyer (30+ years of SS exp) I learned this. Thats and how I was grilled about it. Good luck dear...
Achilles927 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote