View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PD Stem Cell Treatments

Folks, I have a 57 yr old cousin who was diagnosed with PD 2 plus yrs ago. His particular form of PD appears very aggressive, beginning with gait and imbalance issue and quickly increasing to use of a catheter and other issues. He now has difficulty with speech and is constantly beset with tremors, shakes and things related and his family has found it necessary to recently locate him to a nursing home for improved ability to care and provide day to day needs. He is under the supervision of a neruosurgeon at Barnes Hosp in St. L and this surgeon has ruled out the use of Deep Brain Stimulation as a viable treatment protocol citing he has 'non typical' PD. No commentary (that I know of yet) on adult stem cell therapy. I have been poking around the web looking at various stem cell (adult) initiatives. Specifically, I am currently examining three initiatives: Stem Cells for Hope (Dr. Walter Kravchenko); Neuro Generation (Dr. Michel Levesque; and X Cell Center (located in Germany, no contact yet). Question: Does anyone out there have any first hand experience with any of these contacts? Or for that matter the entire spectrum of adult stem cell activities/research with respect to PD as relates to a good bonafide lead? Thanks in advance.
HeavyDuty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote