View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm wondering
1)why I'm agreeing to replace my kitchen cabinets...which will involve taking out the soffets above the old ones, sanding and refinishing the wood floors, buying new appliances, picking out lights, hardware, granite countertops, etc.
2)How I am going to keep dealing with my inlaws without exploding in anger. FIL has become a know-it-all, and isn't helping dealing with MIL's Alzheimers, which he doesn't believe she has. Also, they're both diabetic, their doc has lectured them about eating right, and when I look in their grocery bags, they have taffy apples (6!), potato chips, cookies, etc. Then when I tattle to their doc, she asks, "Why are you allowing them to buy that?" Try telling them that YOU'RE going to do their shopping. They're pulling at the bridle as they lose more and more control over their lives...that's why I want to explode. Whew! More of an obsessive rant than random thought...
barb02 (02-08-2010), Dejibo (02-08-2010), Kitty (02-08-2010), SallyC (02-08-2010), SandyC (02-09-2010)