Thread: An update
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default An update

Hi Everyone, Just checking in to say I am feeling great on Salbutamol. Dr rxed me the syrup abt 3 weeks ago and I started slowly and am now at 6mg a day. I don't think I have sleep apnoea anymore. Not that I am aware of anyway . Previously I was waking up with chokes .. so think this is significient ? The waking up with chokes was a symptom that happened in the months AFTER my CPAP test and while I was still seeing about CPAP. That Dr discharged me in Sept as I could not manage the machine ( it choked me and I had no strength to breath OUT ). So ... the chokes were a new symptom after Sept but I had not been back to Dr re it... Now they are gone And I wake every morning feeling as though I have had a good night's sleep I even can manage with slightly less cortisone now. Dr has a DOK7 gene test happening for me - don't have results yet but as my response to salbutamol has been so good - we suspect it is a type of CMS that I have. I hope I can get proof of this as no one will believe me otherwise ( except my good Dr) and will just call salbutamol a placebo effect. Hope everyone is well and doing OK.
xanadu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote