View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
hummm... needles are your friends, huh?

I do hope it helps. although I think you should go the 3X a week if that's what the health care professional recommends. It may be worth it in the longrun, to get the best results possible. My thought is by 1 or 2 a week, you're going to stretch it out even longer. do it and get it over with.

Do they tell you what you can expect to get out of it and when it will happen?
I actually have a huge fear of shots and such but I was desperate at this point so I put my fears aside and told myself, "People wouldn't do this if it actually hurt."
I dealt with the initial visit by taking off my glasses so I couldn't see when the needles were happening even if I opened my eyes. Also I clung onto the blanket provided as I sweat profusely from my palms :P It doesn't hurt! Sometimes I have felt a needle but it always dissipates.

Schematically its kind of hard to get to the place 3 times a week but she says that's ok. Acupuncture is like chiropractic care in a way - it is a cumulative effect, you need to be rigorous at first and taper your visits down - especially with a cumulative injury or problem like RSI. So there is no ETA of a more permanent feeling of being whole again but in the meantime I am content to hope for the best and enjoy the small windows of reprieve I get with my neck weakness following these visits.

Next trip is Tuesday. I will report back

thursday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-09-2010), Jomar (02-08-2010)