View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default CPAP with oxygen

I've been using a CPAP for a few years; however, I never wake up feeling energetic -- takes a few hours to really be wide awake. And then I'm chronically lazy unless there's something I HAVE to do (I work part-time). Butttt, that could be because of my Multiple Sclerosis. I just dunno.

While on vacation last month I took my trusty toaster-size CPAP and got told by my travel roommates that I snore! Also, I kept falling asleep at inappropriate times during the day.

So I called the doc upon my return home. The CPAP tech raised the pressure to 12, but now the seal leaks. Last night I must have awakened at least once an hour to adjust the thing.

During the weekend I was to sleep one night wearing a blood oxymeter -- first with the mask on, then without. I got the results today and, even while wearing the mask, my blood oxygen is in the low 90%.

Today my GP ordered oxygen to be delivered while wearing the CPAP. The tech just left and now I have an oxygen machine setting in my closet. Also, I got a new style of mask, but was told to not try them both the same night. First the oxygen, then the new mask.

Has anyone else had this experience? Did you notice a difference? I just can't imagine that a 5% increase in my oxygen is going to make much of a difference.

But, I HOPE I'M WRONG!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote