Thread: PD or paranoia?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Not sure what to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpdsmith View Post
My spouse has PD and I am wondering if I have it as well. She was dx'd about five years ago and about 2 years ago, I began having these internal tremor feelings which went away after awhile. They were mainly in my upper body and would sometimes wake me up from sleep, seemed like my whole shoulder area was shaking, both sides. It was so weird, but now gone...

I have also noticed that I h love to know what there is out there other than yoga, meditation, antioxidants, exercise (we do all of this already for my spouse), that can help.

Hi,

I don't know that I can help much as you are pretty on top of things, and I don't want to get into potential symptoms because based on what you shared it is nearly impossible to say it is PD- I don't know of a doctor with any integrity could diagnose you with such.

You are correct in that currently there is nothing that halts the process once it starts. However, we do know of these things that you can do to help ward off the disorder or slow it way down.

-Exercise. vigorously, research right now shows that biking may slow things down for us but at 80-90 rpm. Not sure how this translates to other modes of exercise.

-Get busy with the anti-oxidants. PD is a neuroinflammatory disorder; you want to stop free radicals. Omega 3's, blueberries, etc. See this annotated list in complementary treatments for PD from University of Maryland Medical Center

-Stress reduction...starting yoga tomorrow is a great idea!

You sound like a fantastic support for your wife, so we hope you stay healthy, but please post with any other questions we may help with.

Laura

P.S. I am a late bloomer parent too- had my little guy at age 41 right after PD diagnosis. I am actually starting a little online support group for moms with PD and young children. PM me if your wife is interested.
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote