View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Wonderful Testimony

Oh Mary!
You have inspired many, let me be the first to say!
I too have horses and am so grateful to have met you as you were getting this life-changing experience. I prayed and prayed that the pump would be a success, so you can ride again.
Thank you for sharing your experience!!

I have done the trial SCS and will be getting the permanent put in on Feb 24th. I knew as soon as they turned the unit on while in the O.R. that it was gonna work for me. I have nerve damage to both legs and the 'tingling' covered over the burning pain I've been dealing with for upwards of 5 yrs.

I asked the Doc about the pain pump and he flat-out refuses to do them. Why? Because of the 'commitment' ! He actually said and I quote "Nope, because then you'd have to marry me" ! What a guy.
He's pretty arrogant. If it weren't for the fact that he's so good at what he does, then I'd definately be looking elsewhere.
I'm up against the wall with this, so I will submit to it and pray for the best.

I'm anxious to hear of other's testimonies, good or bad. I feel very strongly that people need to hear both sides of these. It's a very invasive and expensive procedure and alot of these docs (mine) seem to think they are a dime-a-dozen. It is a hard decision to make, but Like Mary says, we just want our lives back. !
That isn't too much to ask now IS it!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-05-2014), Kakimbo (02-11-2010), Mark56 (02-26-2012), vbeck (11-19-2013)