View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi mellowguy, I just thought I would mention what I read on RSDSA about water temperature. It was written we need pool water to be 86 degrees. When I do use the pool heater, 86 seems comfortable- colder water doesn't. They also said hot temperature is usually 104-5 and is too hot for us. I don't remember the consequences. Take care-always enjoy your thoughts, your friend, loretta
your probably right loretta. As for me, the hot tub includes the massage from the jets on low along with the water temp. It seems to relax the spasms that occur when the pain level increases. Here is aother one for ya. After I have been in the hot tub for at least 1/2 hour, I jump out and plunge my foot into the snow. It shocks the nerve endings and causes complete shut down of the pain receptors. I don't feel the cold of the snow or the pain for at least an hour. I told my neuro about it and he thought I was in need of some serious couseling. But, he said if it works for you,,go for it. I don't do it too often, only when I'm at my edge of tolerance. After 14 yrs. and counting I try what ever I think will help. Not always do I get relief with what I try. Thanks for your reply,,,mellowguy
mellowguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote