View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
We installed a jacuzzi tub in '01, way before I had symptoms...now I really have to be careful...I have slipped more than once, and grabbed onto the shower curtain...luckily, I was saved.
I do catch my toe on the edge of the tub when getting out...it's higher than our old tub, and I can't seem to get my foot as high as in the old days So I am very careful when exiting the tub...
All I can say is be careful...
Ironically, I can't use the tub as a tub anymore, due to the fact that I'm so stiff that I can't get myself out of said tub any longer...
Before we had it removed to put in a big shower, my parents were using the jacuzzi tub as a giant laundry basket.

In another bathroom, we took the shower out and put in one of those walk-in bathtubs. (that thing is nice) It's got a super fast drain, so you're not sitting in there forever getting cold while waiting for the water to drain. It's a little step down to get out, but right now it's not impossible for anyone in the house to make that little step.

I'm freezing right now, I might go warm up in that bathtub. (it has jacuzzi jets...or at least little holes for the air to shoot thru to make jacuzzi-like bubbles.)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (02-09-2010), SallyC (02-08-2010)