Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here

Hi! I'll try to make this post short, although my journey has been long. I've had double vision for 7 years now. I saw a neuro ophthalmologist who initially thought it was for sure MG. All testing at that time was negative.

In the past year, my double vision has not been helped by my prisms. Several changes in prism prescription, but nothing that consistently helps. Eye doc saw variation in measurements at different visits and encouraged me to try to seek out an answer again. I've always noticed a significant change in the double vision with any exertion.

I saw a pediatric ophthalmologist today regarding my difficulty with near and mid-distance vision. He is referring me to a neurologist for further investigation of MG. Says it clearly is not a congenital nerve palsy (as I have been told for years). Mentioned that it likely could be ocular MG.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to start seeing a neurologist again. Sometimes felt as though I was crazy as symptoms would come and go. About 6 years ago had extreme muscle weakness, but that eventually went away. Have continued to have a lot of muscle twitching in my legs. Is that associated with MG?

I'd appreciate any suggestions or advice. Thanks for your support.
Cate
catie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote