View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've always had a problem with hair dye actually staying in my hair. Long before I had MS or had been on any of the MS meds.

The guy who cuts my hair tells me it's because of the bits of white/gray hair that I've got on my head. I get that from both my parents. My dad's hair went gray when he was 23 or 24 (right around the time my sister was born...coincidence?) and my hair was going gray already by the time I was 17 or 18yrs old. I think I get it from both my parents because my mom has two nieces who both have their hair graying in the same area where mine is. One colors her hair, and the other one doesnt. My sister has the same gray pattern in her hair and she doesnt color hers either.

I tend to just get my hair colored two or three times a year. It's expensive and I hate the smell of the chemicals or the itchy sensation from it. Plus I dont want to fry my hair. I dont think I've had my hair colored but once since I quit stabbing myself with Copaxone last summer.

I'm thinking about getting my hair colored once winter lets up a bit and it's not such a pain to drive to the place where I get my hair cut. He's almost all the way downtown, but he's been cutting my hair since I was 10, and the only one I trust to touch my hair.

He tells me that he has to mix two bottles of color to do my hair because the color just wont take. Hopefully now that I'm not stabbing myself with needles of C anymore my hair will cooperate more.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-09-2010), Dejibo (02-09-2010)