View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Soccer14: I have to agree with everyone else here with respect to sports. After a really sucessful start in high school sports, my daughter has missed volleyball, basketball, and now track her sophomore year. I know missing out on your sports seems unbearable. When you define yourself as an "athlete" it's hard to lose your place. It's hard for kids like you to tame that competitive nature. However, this is not something you can "tough out" and get better.

The more you push it, the slower your brain is going to heal. I'm sure you've had team mates lose an entire season due to an ACL injury or something similar, right? Nobody thinks less of them if they quit that sport altogether or take off a whole year. This is no different. In fact if there was any way to actually see a concussion, as you can see a broken bone or torn ACL, people would probably be locking you in your room to keep you from doing any further irritation or harm.

I've spent more hours than I can count in high school gyms. There is no denying that basketball is risky. Be kind to your future self!!!!
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-10-2010), Hockey (02-09-2010), nancys (02-09-2010)