Thread: More Blizzards
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I am keeping cabin fever at bay (along with my seasonal depressive tendencies) with Vit D. Now that I have increased to 5000 IU daily, I feel so much better cognitively! I have not needed my light visor this winter at all!

Also I am doing my seedlings for the summer gardening plans I have this year, and many have sprouted already (perennials are going first). Today I am transplanting the first variety, which surprisingly sprouted after only 2 days! I expected 3 week wait on these and all of them are going faster than that.

I have portable grow lights that I use indoors. And a cool temp room for them.
Glad to hear that you are doing all that you can to keep the winter blahhs at bay... My neurologist just prescribed 50,000 U of Vitamin D - once a week for ? I have a six months prescription. I don't know what my level is but I have been deficient before. Perhaps, this is not such an unusual condition. I have always protected my skin because I am fair and I have the connective tissue disease.

Is Vit. D deficiency known to cause cognitive difficulties? I am so frustrated about my cognitive dysfunction. And, hoping that the therapeutic dosage will help ...

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote