View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Edema and RSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinktink View Post
Hi all,
I am new here so I will try to give as much info as possible..
I am 33 years old I was diagnosed with RSD last year it started in my lower back and left leg....Recently my feet started to swell along with my hands and now it seems to be all over.. Can anyone tell me what could possibly be going on? I really need help it hurts and my rsd has spread a great deal..
Thank you
Did the swelling occur when you were experiencing a flare or a spread? Edema is a common problem with RSD. Whenever I have a flare, my legs will swell significantly. It can be very serious if greatly swollen and fluid drainage by a licensed massage therapist who understands lymph drainage can be a lifesaver (or rather a limbsaver, for real...). I've had episodes with my trunk and arms swelling, although it is less noticeable than my legs/feet. I have been put on diuretics for it although one has to be careful what TYPE as some can make nerve damage worse as most edema isn't caused by neuroinflammation. A good site to research this and to educate your doc is rsdrx.com

Also, some drugs like Lyrica can cause swelling of the extremities, but it seems that most people with RSD get edema, with or without meds.
Corinne89
corinne89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote