Thread: PD or paranoia?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 07:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reminds me of my parents

Your story is so close to what happened in my family! My mother had Parkinson's Disease for a long time before she was diagnosed. I remember taking her to a neurologist. After waiting for 1 1/2 hours, mother was really upset that the doctor talked to her about 5 minutes and decided that anyone who had 3 teenagers and taught school all day would shake! He sent her home. It took another 5 years to get a diagnosis.
I mention this because when mom officially diagnosed, my dad started worrying a bit about some of his symptoms. His GP was not particularly concerned.Guess what? He did have Parkinson's.
To add another twist, the year my mother passed away I was told by my GP "Oh everyone thinks they have what their parents died from!" I am an English prof and students were complaining about my tiny handwriting. I was concerned about my need to hang on to the chalk ledge when I wrote on the board. I spent a year trying to convince doctors that I was NOT a hysterical woman.Yes, I too have PD.
My advice to you is to pursue. You may not have Parkinson's, but you know SOMETHING is wrong. Good Luck!

I
svenskagrandy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote