View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Do you still have your Verizon modem booklet?
It might have the info you need in it.

or they have this "In home Agent"- I just found it so i haven't tried it.
http://www22.verizon.com/Residential...sOne/85637.htm
I would imagine I still have my Verizon booklet. I NEVER THROW OUT ANYTHING.!! lol

As for the in-home agent, I believe this is for Verizon Fios, and I don't have Fios.

I wish I did, I hear it's really fast, but let me tell you, since I added the Ram to my computer, I am flying over the internet. MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT than before.

The guy removed the bottom right icons (I have no idea how they got there), but he said "these are slowing you down, I'll remove them".

And the modem problem thing has vanished. Not to say it won't be back but for now it vanished.

But the funny thing was what happened this morning. We had to go to Alan's doc appointment and I didn't have the time to call up Verizon (this was before the problem seemed to fix itself). This was around 10 a.m.

So I got the modem to work and I'm standing in the front of my house waiting for the Access-a-ride to come, when I notice a Verizon DSL truck across the street. I said to Alan "I don't believe in coincidences, this guy is here doing something and that's why I have a red light from time to time, and then it turns green".

So I'm waiting for the guy to return to his Verizon truck, and when I see him, I go running in the street shouting "Verizon Man, Verizon Man" and he bursts out laughing and I said "May I speak to you about a Verizon matter?"

He was nice, and I told him what happened. He said "Has nothing to do with me, I'm installing a dsl line in that house". Then he said "you know these things happen with modems all the time, you modem might have blown out, it might be a problem with the central office, IT MIGHT BE ANYTHING"

He didn't think it had anything to do with my leaving the modem on for 3 weeks without being connected to my computer. He said "that should not make a difference".

He said "call them up, if it happens again, and they will test your line"

"They will then probably replace your modem". I said "you don't happen to have a modem on your truck do you"? He laughed and said "No we don't carry modems with us".

And since it never happened again, maybe my modem re-set itself?

Will find out when I get up tomorrow morning.

We'll probably be snowed in.

I have been sprouting all night, lol

So it's nice to be back among my computer friends.

Take care.

Melody
P.S. Since I have to re-install my webcam, I'll save that for another date.

I can wait, believe me, I can wait. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote