View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgh View Post
Oh wow, thank you so much for your responses. As I sit here reading this I came to tears. It's just such a relief to hear that others go through the same thing. Hannah1234 I thought I was just losing it. Sometimes the strangest things just get under my skin, and it is usually when I am having an issue with the RSD, like sometimes the pain lessens and it just feels so good and then it ramps up again. Boy, believe me sometimes I do bite them off, chew them up, then if I'm in a good enough mood I'll spit them out! When I feel that way I usually tell my family I'm just in a mood and I don't know why so they give me my breathing space. It really doesn't help that I used to have a job, granted it was only 2 days a week, but at least it kept me out of the house. Now they have decided to challenge the work restrictions and try to force me but I refused so I am being terminated. All that aggravation doesn't help much. During the course of this it caused severe tendonitis in my right arm from having to use it all the time when the work restrictions initially stopped me from using the left arm at all. I am terrified that I will develop the RSD in that side too, as I see some signs of it from time to time, mostly in the color change and coolness of it. I guess in the meantime I'll just be thankful I have found a place where people understand this nasty disease (which by the way, the workers comp insurance adjustor says I have NO right to be angry in the least about it). Thanks to all!!!
Hi AKGH, If you don't have an attorney, GET ONE who specializes in WC
Get a journal and date and write in it every day. You'll need it if you end up in court. You have legal rights, you probably have no idea you have.WC should be providing you with counseling, a Tens Unit if your dr. orders it. and replacement leads. It does sound like you are getting spread. It is important to get physical therapy and massage therapy so you do loose range of motion. It took a year and 100 treatments in pt and massage to get the use of one shoulder. a year remission and then the other shoulder. Water therapy is very good and water should be 86 degrees. Hot tubs are too hot at 104
NO ICE
pAIN shortens our fuse and we don't even know it sometimes. My husband says are you mad at me? and I say I'm sorry I'm not mad at you it's the pain. It sneeks up on us. I'm grateful my husband, family and close friends have some sort of understanding. It's tough.
Glad you joined us. Hope we can be of some comfort to you. Stay in touch, one of your new friends, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote