View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Court

I have to agree with Danielle. This is not a disease to aggravate, you have to challenge when you can but also respect the disease. I had a doctor who sent me to a sportstherapist. He told me he knew all about causalgia, (RSD) as a matter of fact, his best friend had similar fractures as mine, and he wanted to take an aggressive approach. My first instinct was NO, but then I thought well he did have a friend and he does have medical and personal knowledge so give him a shot. Well, long story short, a week later the pain had gone from my lower extremities into my back and I could not walk. So I asked him about his friend....hmmm, he was not pain free, medication free, and indeed had reduced his lifestyle to a major sedentary one. It took me about two months to physically recover from that adventure. The lessen I learned there was A. Follow your first instinct, B. Listen to your body when it is trying to tell you something, and C. Even though people act as though they personally are aware of what you are going through they are not. If this disease is caught at an early stage, and you can endure the therapy, people have been healed from early aggressive action. Best of luck on your choice, Check it out and see how you feel about their plan of therapy, just remember listen to your body, nobody knows you like you do.

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (02-11-2010)