View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default newly diagnosed with PN

Hi, This is my first post ever in my life and I look forward to learning more about PN. My first question is : when do I believe the diagnosis is correct. My numb toes began this summer and the only thing I could think that caused it was the antidepressant/anxiety meds I was on. I am not diabetic, and never drink or smoke. I plan on finding a new doc because she is so positive in her diagnosis but only did a pin prick test and blood draw. Once the shock wore off I went back and after begging, she did a lower spine x-ray and tomorrow I will have an EMG. She doesnt understand why I would want to see a neuro since they cant help me. I would assume if anything there would be some tests to at least rule out stuff. By the way I am not on any meds anymore and have started a laundry list of supplements like:
Benfotiamine, B12, lipoic acid, evening primrose, wheat grass tabs, b-complex, vitamin D, and Iron because of low ferritin. I am overweight, but have lost 20 pounds hoping diet and weight loss will help. I also was wondering if a cleanse/detox might be helpful in case it is from meds or other toxins? Not sure if it means anything, but after being born premature I had to have many corrective foot surgeries as a baby up till age 8. Sorry to ramble on, but my head is so full things to say.
Thank you !!!!
feeshgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote