View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Foot surgeries? I had a complex surgery on my left instep when I was 12 to remove a tumor. That foot always gives me problems, with ankle swelling and pain when I take one of my blood pressure pills which can cause dependent edema. The other foot is not affected. The medication is a calcium channel blocker. I am sure the swelling is part of it. Surgery disrupts the lymph channels and I think that foot is prone to slower lymph return than my right foot which does not swell. Without the medication that foot is still a bit larger than the other, but it doesn't hurt as much.

Also foot issues can come from hypothyroidism. That is how my PN started 30 yrs ago.

Do all your toes hurt equally? or only certain ones. I have a dermatome chart here to show you which nerves in the back affect which part of the feet:
http://www.apparelyzed.com/dermatome.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote