View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi guys,

Around the same time that my speech issues started, I started getting a lot of twitching in my index and middle finger...I still have it until this day...I'd also notice occassional muscle twitches in my legs and feet...

I get a lot of vibrating in my back...Most of the twitches/vibrating sensations are on my left side, I've noticed...It's pretty annoying, and was downright frightening when I looked up the sx on the net before...

I did find two other neurological illnesses that happen more with people who have MG/thymoma....And these sx fit under those sorta...One is cramp-fasciculation/neuromyotonia and the other is rippling muscle disease...ANother one is stiff man disease, but that's a whole different can of worms and doesn't really have these sx, I don't think...Just putting it out there in case someone else is ever having weird sx and needs a clue as to what might be causing them...That one's even more rare...

The 'internal shaking' thing has been mentioned a lot by people with neuromyotonia whose posts I've come across...They described it like their organs were shaking/having seizures or something like that...Not sure if that's how it feels for you guys...

I think that with neuromyotonia, it can be sorta benign but annoying, and other times, very severe if it affects the CNS...BUt mostly, I think that it just sorta consists of twitching and delayed muscle relaxation...

BUt I don't know...They're all pretty rare, but when you have MG, seems like you attract the other 'weirdos' (by weirdos, i mean unusual diseases ).

Sorry you're going through this...It sounds unpleasant...I hope the doc. can put your worries to rest, and that's it's just an another annoying MG-somehwhat related thing!

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (02-10-2010)