View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your opinion. Yeah, I'm not shocked that it's something weird that's going on (story of my life ). I'm just going to have to pressure my neuro into listening to me on this and not let him change the subject. It's amazing how many doctors like to do that when they're confused by something. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
Hi guys,

Around the same time that my speech issues started, I started getting a lot of twitching in my index and middle finger...I still have it until this day...I'd also notice occassional muscle twitches in my legs and feet...

I get a lot of vibrating in my back...Most of the twitches/vibrating sensations are on my left side, I've noticed...It's pretty annoying, and was downright frightening when I looked up the sx on the net before...

I did find two other neurological illnesses that happen more with people who have MG/thymoma....And these sx fit under those sorta...One is cramp-fasciculation/neuromyotonia and the other is rippling muscle disease...ANother one is stiff man disease, but that's a whole different can of worms and doesn't really have these sx, I don't think...Just putting it out there in case someone else is ever having weird sx and needs a clue as to what might be causing them...That one's even more rare...

The 'internal shaking' thing has been mentioned a lot by people with neuromyotonia whose posts I've come across...They described it like their organs were shaking/having seizures or something like that...Not sure if that's how it feels for you guys...

I think that with neuromyotonia, it can be sorta benign but annoying, and other times, very severe if it affects the CNS...BUt mostly, I think that it just sorta consists of twitching and delayed muscle relaxation...

BUt I don't know...They're all pretty rare, but when you have MG, seems like you attract the other 'weirdos' (by weirdos, i mean unusual diseases ).

Sorry you're going through this...It sounds unpleasant...I hope the doc. can put your worries to rest, and that's it's just an another annoying MG-somehwhat related thing!

Nicky
DeliaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (02-10-2010)