View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Most states have a short period of time after a medical event to file a liability claim. ( 1 or 2 yrs)

If you care to pursue that path, you have to get a 2nd opinion ASAP.

This forum open to all questions. Please relax about that.

I will say... I had a groin injury...that caused severe pain, and it was remarkably similar to yours. Only I did not have it happen where doctors are. I had to wait, since I was in the boonies.
I hobbled along, used Lidoderm patches which I had for another reason, and went to my doctor 3 wks later. She sent me right away to PT which said I had a tendon injury. After 3 PT sessions of IFc and ultrasound, I started getting relief. If I hadn't it would have been surgery.

I could not move my leg, I could not be normal at all. I couldn't roll over in bed, or get dressed myself. Our cousin was up there too...he is a pediatric ortho surgeon, and he felt I had a tendon pull. So I toughed it out. It was more pain than my C-section or anything else I have had in my life. Mine was from a fall. I don't have RSD that I know of. I do get purple in the foot when circulation is affected by my blood pressure pills. So I don't take that drug every day--I have 2 others to use when the foot gets bad.

Pt told me to expect 8mos recovery, and it really took more like 2 yrs. Now I can get up from a chair, toilet, etc alone. I can do most things. But every once in a while it sort of flares for a day...like this bad weather we've been having.

I think you need to get another opinion to see if the surgery was warranted, and/or caused you further disability. Things in the hip are slow to heal, and jumping into surgery may have been not the thing you needed. Only another orthopedic doctor can tell that.

Doctors HATE the thought of suits...some may not talk to you.
The reason you get the feeling they are minimizing your pain, is if they delay you long enough, the statute of limitations will pass and they will be home free.

I see stretching aggravates you.... this suggests to me that it is adhesions or tendon issues you are facing. Stretching should be very slow very gentle and not a trigger for pain. Some movement is good, but painful movement is not...it only reinjures a damaged tendon.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (02-10-2010), loretta (02-11-2010)