View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote [Called on 12/7 spoke to nurse complaining of continued symtpoms and seemingly worse. Dr suggested i come in. Came in on 12/8. Xrays taken again and appeared the same as they were at my last appt late in Oct.
Dr said at this point he suggested surgery because there could be issues with loss of blood to the femoral head and then that could lead to hip replacement etc. I asked specifically "how do we know its not completely healed?". He said at this point it was purely clinical. He also said in hindsight had he thought it was this severe he would have had me on no weight bearing w/crutches. Surgery scheduled for 12/11. (in hindsight i am now wondering why we didn't eliminate other possibilites, ie give me an MRI).
]

Hmm, yes I would have thought a MRI would have been a better next step for diagnosis before moving into a surgery.
You don't have brittle bones or anything do you?
Maybe in that case a logical step would be surgery- but still no other imaging but x rays??
Doesn't really make sense to me.

Is your skin extremely sensitive to touch, hot, cold, breezes?
That is another part & symptom of RSD.

It's one of those conditions that aren't well known, so that's why the trouble finding Drs to talk about it.
Plus the surgeon doesn't want to be the cause of this continued problem.
There's is no way to tell who may get RSD or not - it's the roll of the dice.
But if the surgeon didn't follow proper testing or procedures before surgery then he could be partially at fault for an unnecessary surgery.

I don't know the legal laws or rules about it- just going with my logic.

But a second opinion or 2 from an impartial surgeon might be a good idea.
preferably a well known & expert one.

Last edited by Jomar; 02-11-2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: formating
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-11-2010)